Workshop 2 – Citations and Resources
- Satirical YouTube Video: Professor Dancealot – What lessons can we learn from his, apparently ineffective, approach to assessing student learning?
- The Five Stages of Grading: (make sure you read the comments to this blog post)
- Principles of Good Practice for Assessing Student Learning (PDF)
These principles, developed by the American Association of Higher Education’s Assessment Forum, provide valuable guidelines for developing academic assessments.
- Explore the Authentic Assessment Toolboxfor resources about numerous methods of assessment.
- Park University Effective Grading Strategies
- Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs)
- 50 Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers , by Angelo and Cross (1993.
- Six Examples of the Fifty Angelo & Cross Classroom Assessment Techniques. Use these quick techniques for assessment at the course level.
Discussion Grading Rubric Examples
- If you are looking for resources for creating grading rubrics, Rubistar is an example of a free online program that can walk you through this process.
- This website from Winona State University is a collection of numerous grading rubrics for online discussions as well as other types of assignments from multiple disciplines.